St Peters

Langathby Parish coucil

edenhall clock
 

© gca-webdesign

AddMe - Search Engine Optimization

LANGWATHBY VILLAGE HALL

 

THE HISTORY OF THE VILLAGE HALL
The Village Hall was opened on 16th April 1931, built with funds raised by the village over the preceding 12 years. The site was given by Mr T.B.Nelson of Stratheden, Langwathby.
On 17th January 1928 a meeting of subscribers appointed a committee to implement the scheme, three of whom were designated as trustees. The powers of the trustees and the Village Hall Committee were set out in a Trust Deed dated 9th August 1928. This reserved approval of such major matters as repair, alteration, enlargement or sale of the hall to the trustees. The day-to-day management of the hall was, however, to be the responsibility of the Committee. Langwathby Parish Council was subsequently appointed as trustee of the hall but day-to-day running of the hall continues to be the responsibility of the Village Hall Committee.

The Hall was extensively refurbished in 2008 to provide comfortable, modern premises, meeting health and safety requirements.  The works were funded by a loan of £80,000 taken out by the Parish Council and the balance was met by funds raised by the Village Hall Committee.  These included the proceeds of fund-raising events and a number of grants.

USE OF THE HALL
The Hall is used by a wide range of local organisations for sporting and recreational activities and meetings.
For bookings, contact Margaret Pearson (01768 881842)